GSET Gujarat State Eligibility Test Notification Published August 2017
Free Rojgar Samachar Alert announced that GSET ( Gujarat State Eligibility Test ) will be held at six centers Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Patan and Bhavnagar in 23 subjects on Sunday, 27th August 2017. Candidates must need to read the detailed Notification & procedure to fill the online application form on our website: www.gujaratset.ac.in.
Exam Name: Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) August 2017
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed/are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’ s degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- For More details: Click Here
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit.
Application Fees: Rs. 800/- General / Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer) Candidates. Rs. 700/- SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates.
- The candidate is expected to Register online and download online application form and Bank Challan Form in triplicate (Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate’s Copy) as given in the Notification.
- All the three copies of the Challan Form along with requisite fee have to be submitted in any branch of Bank of Baroda.
- Candidates can deposit the requisite fee in Bank of Baroda only on next working day of online registration and download the challan from GSET Website The bank will retain one copy and return two copies of the challan to the candidate.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to keep and preserve GSET copy and Candidate’s Copy of the challan with him/her for future reference.
- The candidate should note that the printout of online Application Form, bank challan or any other certificate or document is not required to be sent to Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara before he/she is declared as qualified in the GSET Examination.
Examination Structure and Scheme: The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||11.00 A.M. to 12.15 P.M.|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||02.00 P.M. to 4.30 P.M|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50. In the event of the candidate attempting more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
How to Apply: Eligible candidates should fill up the online application form and submit it online only. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THE PRINT OUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, FEE CHALLAN OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS SHOULD NOT BE SENT TO GUJARAT SET OFFICE, VADODARA. In case a Candidate qualifies for the GSET Examination, It is mandatory for him / her to bring print out of Application Form, Fee Challan and Examination Hall Ticket along with Photo (Xerox) Copies of Eligibility and Category related
documents, Mark sheets, Certificates etc. at the time of document verification at GSET Office,
Vadodara. Hence it is advised to a candidate to preserve all the above mentioned documents.
Advertisement : Click Here
Information Booklet : Click Here
Information regarding Online Application : Click Here
Apply Online : Click Here
Important Dates :
- Starting of Online Registration : 29 – 04 – 2017 (Morning 11.00 O’Clock)
- Starting of Fee Collection : 01 – 05 – 2017
- Last day for Online Application and Bank Challan Generation : 08 – 06 – 2017 (till – evening 06.00 hrs).
- Last day for Fee Collection : 09 – 06 – 2017
- Gujarat SET Examination Date : 27 – 08 – 2017
For more Government Job Notification and Government Job Updates And Study Materials stay connected with Free Rojgar Samachar Alert website.